Transfer Students

What to Bring When Registering a Student at Tennessee High School…

1. Proof that the person enrolling the student is the legal guardian. This includes     
A. A copy of the birth certificate--This is required for verification of legal name of student     
B. Social Security card     
C. Legal paperwork resulting from a divorce or change of custody.

2.  Parents/legal guardians must reside in an area zoned for students to attend Bristol TN City Schools; please provide a utility bill or a rental/lease agreement for proof of residency.

3. You must have a Tennessee Immunization Record if you are coming from another state. You can obtain this by taking your child’s current immunization record to the Health Department in Blountville, TN (423-279-2777).

4.  A withdrawal form from the school the student is leaving.  

5. An entering freshman will also need a report card showing promotion to the ninth grade.

6. Please let us know if your child receives Special Education services so that we can request the appropriate records.

Additional Documentation:

Students enrolling from private or home school organizations will need to submit any standardized testing for course placement. Students may also be required to test before receiving credit from the aforementioned organizations. We are excited that you have decided to become a part of our Viking family!  If you have any questions, please call us at 423-652-9317.                                 

Records can be faxed to 423-652-9327.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.